Medical & Dental Office Administrator
The Medical & Dental Office Administrator Diploma program was reviewed and
approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills.
The Medical & Dental Office Administrator Diploma program is designed to prepare students for an exciting and rewarding career in the front-line roles within the ever-growing health services industry. This unique program provides coursework in health care terminology, medical and dental office administration, medical billing, insurance and bookkeeping procedures, and introductory medical transcription.
This strong foundation of medical office procedures, coupled with courses in effective communication strategies and the latest computer applications, ensures that graduates are in-demand in a wide variety of health care settings.
- High School Graduate or equivalent OR mature student status (19 years or older prior to starting the program)
- Meet one of the following English Language Proficiency requirements:
- Minimum Grade 10 English (Domestic Students)
Overall IELTS 5.0, CLB Level 5, Duolingo score of 75-80, OR ECC test score of 55/100
- Medical Terminology Level 1
- Medical Terminology Level 2
- Medical Office and Clinical Procedures
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Billing and Electronic Health Records
- Dental Science Foundations
- Charting and Record-Keeping
- Dental Insurance
- Dental Office Financial Systems
- Dental Office Software Management
- WHMIS and First Aid
- Career and Employment Strategies
Medical & Dental Office Administrators may be employed in:
- General practitioners’ or specialists’ offices
- Various medical offices, such as dental clinics, physiotherapy clinics, massage clinics, dermatology clinics, etc.
Median Wage: $22.25