Hospitality & Tourism with Co-op
50th Anniversary Giveaway! $5,000 Scholarship & a Laptop!
The Hospitality & Tourism program was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills
The Hospitality and Tourism Management with Co-op Diploma program consists of 16 courses offered in 48 weeks of academic studies, delivered in a total duration of 960 hours (20 hours per week), plus a co-op placement of 480 hours.
During the 16 academic courses, students will learn the concepts and techniques related to tourism, hotel, and restaurant operations. Courses will also focus on the management, development, and marketing of tourism and hospitality; this includes food preparation and service, financial analysis, accounting, front and back-office operations, and the interrelation between hospitality and tourism.
The co-op will provide students with real-world experience in a Canadian business environment, while providing them with opportunities to experience personal and professional growth.
Successful graduates in hospitality and tourism management are prepared to enter nearly any segment of the industry, such as lodging, hotels, restaurants, casinos, cruise line operations, resorts and spas, and event management. The various career options are:
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Guest Relations Supervisor
- Reservations Agent
- Cruise Ship Attendant
- Event Coordinator
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Food and Beverage supervisor
Median Wage: $26.44
- High School Graduate or equivalent OR mature student status (19 years or older prior to starting the program)
• Meet one of the following English Language Proficiency requirements:
- Minimum Grade 12 English (Domestic Students)
Overall IELTS 6.0, CLB Level 7, Duolingo score of 95-100, OR ECC test score of 67/100
- Hospitality Today: An Introduction
- Management and Design of Hospitality Facilities
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
- Hotel and Restaurant Accounting
- Managing Service in Food and Beverage Operations
- Managing Housekeeping Operation
- Managing Front Office Operations
- Revenue Management
- Managing Hospitality Human Resources
- Security and Loss Prevention Management
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing
- Convention Management and Service